, an universal multi-protocol
OBD-2 ELM32x compatible USB interface
No drivers for ELM-USB
are required under Linux.
- Bug fix: No interface found on MAC OS (thanks to Chris Inacio)
- Bug fix: Problems with repeated connection attempts.
- Bug fix:Cant open configuration file on debian. (thanks to Will Stites)
- About dialog text update.
- ELM USB support, device selection
- Various fixes to support modern systems such as Debian Lenny/Ubuntu 9/etc.
- Freeze frame support
- DTC code readout and decoding
- Support for european vehicles
- Trace window with OBD-II packet dumps
- OBD-II tests status
- OBD-II status window
Latest version by Charles Donour Sizemore (2004)
- 11-15-2004: Release 0.9 added. There are a number of known issues.
- Elm device reset does work _exactly_ right. If the device doesn't
respond the first time, wait a few seconds and try it again.
- DTC reading isn't finished.
- Freeze frame reading isn't yet supported.
- 10-26-2004: Over the weekend, I verified that the DTC management
code works. pyOBD can now read and reset codes/check engine
lights. Screen shots were also added.
Brief installation instructions